The ultimate choice for a long lasting, Eco Friendly and Maintenance Free deck
A new generation of composite decking is here with Modern Deck’s fully capped Co-Extrusion superior hard shell.
The latest technology in composite decking. Modern Deck™ superior hard shell solid decking!
Modern Deck™ is made from a new type of material made by mixing wood powder with HDPE (high density polyethylene) and other chemical additives. Modern Deck™ is safe, environmentally responsible alternative new material that is Eco Friendly and Maintenance Free. Modern Deck™ is made from 90% recycled materials with the main material wood powder being sourced from wood offcuts and waste from manufacturing factories and recycled plastic also sourced from factory and household waste.
- No Maintenance costs of any kind
- 25 Year limited warranty
- Solid boards (not hollow)
- Full 360° capping for superior protection
- 3D Anti slip wood grain
- Realistic colours and grain
- Will not crack, warp, rot or twist
- Free stainless steel clips and screws
- Superior scratch resistance
- Superior stain resistance
- Superior fade resistance
- Superior mould resistance
- Termite resistant
- Weather resistant
Important points prior to installation:
1. Slight colour and surface differences may occur due to difference in raw materials used in manufacturing; this ensures your deck has a natural appearance.
2. Please take care when handing, installing and storing your Modern Deck™ boards like all WPC products it will scratch if sharp or heavy objects are dragged across the surface. The Co-extrusion super hard shell that surrounds the core is susceptible to scratching and chipping if care is not taken like all WPC products. One way to remove scratches is with a wire brush or scouring pad, rubbing in the same direction as the grain.
3. It is necessary to acclimatise the decking boards on site for 48 hours before installation. Lay the boards out on the deck frame to allow the temperature to adjust to each individual board so at the time of fixing in place the correct board length is achieved. This is necessary as WPC decking expands and contracts length ways up to 1-1.5% of the length of the board depending on the different weather conditions. Lengths over 5.4m in extreme conditions can expand as much as 8mm as the board heats up and cools down. We recommend that on hot days you fix the boards down early in the morning, installing boards in direct sunlight on hot days may result in excess gapping when the boards cool down. Please refer to the spacing specifications at end of this document.
4. Due to the expansion and contraction (length ways) of WPC decking with changes in temperature throughout the day we recommend using a breaker board for decks longer than 5.4m that require butt joints. This will avoid having uneven butt joints randomly spread across your deck. For example if your deck was 7.5m long divide the deck into 3 equally spaced areas of 2.5m each with a breaker board between each area. Running a board 5.4m with a butt join at the end will require a 7mm space between any butt joints at 20°C
Download the Modern Deck™ Brochure
Download the Modern Deck™ Installation Guide
Download the Modern Deck™ Warranty Brochure
Download the Modern Deck™ Slip Test Report
Download the Modern Deck™ Cleaning and Maintenance Guide